TerraCycle Overview –
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 20 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally and has been highlighted in some of the world’s most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others.
Job Overview –
TerraCycle is looking to hire an IT Helpdesk Coordinator with a background in technical support and experience maintaining information technology systems and networks in order to ensure the functionality and efficiency of offices. You will perform both technical and administrative tasks to guarantee that the operational aspect of the business is running smoothly.
Primary Responsibilities –
Being the main onsite IT support for 100 employees in both Loop & TerraCycle adjacent offices locally and working together with a remote support team for global IT Support in TerraCycle.
- Manages New starters & Leavers (New hire, Computer preparation & termination forms)
- Set up of new starters laptops, desktops & IT equipment (screen, mouse, keyboard, phones)
- Installation and maintenance of workstations both hardware and software wise.
- Assistance with broken computers/printers, conference phones, network devices and other IT related needs.
- Management of office mobile phones, phone contracts and mobile phone support.
- Daily usage of Ticketing System and other administrative solutions, including cloud based Knowledge base management.
- Stock management and ordering of all IT equipment.
- Encryption of laptops/USB sticks (project should be finished now)
- Manage relationships with all IT service providers (IT SP) such as Surevoip (phone provider)
- Assist with any phone or internet connection related problems and provide technical details to and communicate with all IT SP.
- Ordering laptops, organising onsite support for laptops with hardware problems, sending laptops back to provider, extending service contract & warranty etc.
- Emergencies e.g. internet going down
- Expansion - coordination, planning of remote IT team visits, ordering specific IT equipment etc.
- Oversee the smooth running of TerraCycle’s local offices
- 2 to 3 years of experience in technical support.
- Basic knowledge about network solutions and related hardwares. (e.g. DNS, DHCP, IP, Router, Firewall, Switches, etc.)
- Skill-level detection and resolution of software and hardware issues in workstations.
- High level of knowledge about Windows and Mac OS desktop operating systems.
- Knowledge of MS Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019.
- General knowledge about most important cloud service providers and their solutions.
- Experience with Directory or Domain based systems and Activte Directory is an advantage.
- Knowledge of data analytics and reporting, good with priorities and planning.
- Experience in workflow management and process improvement.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leading by example, direct communication, and good emotional intelligence.
- Excellent organisational and analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- 2 Volunteering Days
- Onsite free yoga classes
- Opportunity for continuous professional development
Start date – ASAP
Please send a thoughtful cover letter along with your resume.
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive working environment.