TerraCycle Overview –
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 20 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to find solutions for a large variety of waste streams, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and used pens, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. We are partnered with some of the most recognizable brands and retailers in the world, including BIC, L’Oréal, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble and JDE, amongst others. TerraCycle Europe has also partnered with SUEZ, one of the largest resource management companies in the world, to develop joint innovative and differentiating recycling solutions. TerraCycle has operations in 11 countries across Europe, the UK and France being its largest markets.
More recently TerraCycle launched Loop, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging.
Job Overview –
TerraCycle’s recycling activities in Europe are quickly expanding and the company is going through a rapid phase of growth. In that context, we are looking to hire an experienced Head of Business Operations who will be in charge of all administrative and operational functions and will participate in driving the organisational vision and operational strategy while our General Manager focuses on client facing activities and commercial development.
Departments directly reporting into the Head of Business Operations will be People Operations and Supply Chain Operations & Materials and she/he will also be required to work hand-in-hand with the Head of Finance and other service department heads.
This role will report into the General Manager of TerraCycle Europe and will require close collaboration with the global leadership team of TerraCycle Inc. based in New Jersey, US (including the CFO, General Counsel and Global People Operations (HR) team).
Primary Responsibilities –
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of the company across Europe and ensure operational efficiency to facilitate and accelerate the company’s development and long-term success
- Work with the General Manager to define actionable goals for performance and growth, based on financial objectives set by the Executive team
- Manage the European financial and budgetary planning of the company, ensuring the operations of the company meet the financial plan
- Implement, maintain and oversee cost controlling of operations to ensure profitability and competitive positioning
- Analyse current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement and standardisation when necessary
- Oversee the smooth operational launch of new services and innovations
- Provide thought leadership on operational impact, organisational capacity, risk factors, and other key factors to inform strategic decision-making
- Help the company’s departments to scale by establishing clear organisation structures, establishing objectives and KPIs and implementing robust processes
- Own and manage cross-departmental projects
- Ensure regulatory compliance of all TerraCycle’s operations
- Manage definition and implementation of the company’s policies (HR, IT, etc.) to ensure compliance of all areas of business with regional and international laws (i.e. GDPR) but that also promote TerraCycle’s culture and vision
- Oversee the implementation of technology solutions throughout the organisation (i.e. new IT infrastructure) working closely with global and regional IT, Finance and Operations Leads
- Be responsible for resource Management by managing the resources available to meet the current demands of the business and planning to meet increasing demand.
- Work with People’s Operations to ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, training, professional development, performance management, and retention of employees
- Mentor and motivate teams to achieve productivity and engagement
- Proven experience as Head of Operations, COO or Operations Director or similar role in the UK and/or Europe in a fast growing client service company, with broad cross-functional responsibilities
- Significant experience working with cross-functional teams and managing competing and ever-changing priorities while delivering on overall organisational objectives
- Familiarity with all business functions including HR, finance, supply chain and IT systems
- Knowledge of data analytics and reporting, good with numbers and financial planning
- Experience in workflow management and process improvement
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Leading by example, direct communication, and strong emotional intelligence with the ability to build relationships across departments and resolve conflicts
- Excellent organisational and leadership ability
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Fluency in French is a plus but not necessary.
- Experience, knowledge or genuine interest in the circular economy and innovation in the waste and resource management
• Salary depending on experience
• 25 Paid Holiday Days
• 2 Volunteering Days
• Quarterly Team Building
• Virtual Yoga and team activities
• Company Pension contribution
Start Date –ASAP
The job description is not all-inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We can only accept applications from candidates who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK
TerraCycle is committed to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion.