The Business Development Associate will be responsible for driving the growth of TerraCycle in several markets, with a focus on the DACH region. Joining the European team of Business Development Managers & Associates, this is a unique role for a resourceful, driven individual looking for an opportunity in the sustainability field. This position would be an ideal role for someone with 1 to 2 years’ experience within commercial teams, with a working knowledge of the CPG and industry and a proven ability to autonomously close new deals.
Primary Responsibilities –
Closing contracts with new clients, driving significant revenue & profit growth:
- Research potential brand partners and identify key points of contact
- Manage prospects through the entire sales cycle, negotiate & close new partnerships
- Working primarily on deals with FMCG businesses within DACH.
- Utilise industry knowledge to inform prospecting approach and initiate new opportunities
- Coordinate & collaborate with other departments to develop strategic projects
- Learning & sharing learnings about recycling, plastic, the FMCG industry & the zero waste movement.
- Fluent in both German and English with exceptional verbal & written communication skill
- 1-2 years’ experience in B2B sales, consulting or relevant position (marketing, account management, sales). Experience at an FMCG company is a bonus.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business would be advantageous
- Proactive and solution-focused
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment and juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities
- A degree in an appropriate field (business, management,) or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of recycling infrastructure in the DACH markets is a bonus
- Salary depending on experience
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- 2 Volunteering Days
- Online Yoga and activities
- Company Pension contribution (3% of salary)
- The position is based in Perivale, West London.
Please apply with a cover letter stipulating your right to work in the UK as well as your salary expectation.
This job description is not all-inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.