Operating in 21 countries (including 12 in Europe), TerraCycle is a world leader in the recycling of ‘hard-to-recycle’ waste, such as pens, snack wrappers, food pouches, beauty product packaging, home care product packaging and even cigarette butts or marine plastics. We create collection and recycling solutions for anything that would otherwise be sent to incineration or landfill, the waste we collect is then transformed into new products such as new consumer products, outdoor furniture, or large builds. For many of our solutions, we partner with dozens of the most recognizable brands and retailers in the world, including BIC, L’Oréal, P&G and Tesco to collect waste on a large scale.
Job Overview –
The TerraCycle Brand Partnerships Team based in Perivale, West London seeks to hire a motivated salesperson to lead our strategic outreach efforts. The core of the role will be to contact hundreds of strategic organisations to convince them to take part in TerraCycle’s free recycling programmes. The Strategic Outreach Executive will report directly to the Retail Strategy and Shopper Marketing Manager and work in close partnership with the rest of the Brand Partnerships team, including Account Management, Marketing and Customer Service.
Primary Responsibilities –
The role is a sales position with a focus on cold outreach to organisations in France, the UK and – as needed – the rest of Europe. This role is best suited for somebody with sales experience, looking for a fulfilling role within a for-profit company with a purpose.
- Contacting organisations by phone and email to convince them to take part in TerraCycle’s Free Recycling Programmes. This could represent dozens of cold calls and emails in a day.
- Building an outreach pipeline and contacts database.
- Working in conjunction with the Account Management team to identify and research leads that are most relevant for each individual recycling programme.
- Creating and sending out short documents and case studies to prospects to highlight the many advantages of joining TerraCycle’s programmes.
- Building relationships with key organisations that could join several TerraCycle programmes and partner with TerraCycle in other ways.
- Keeping track of all organisations contacted via a CRM or equivalent tool to re-activate contacts when relevant.
- Identifying business opportunities that go beyond simple programme participation and transferring leads to relevant teams.
- Assisting the Brand Partnerships team on other tasks, from time to time.
- Helping the wider TerraCycle team on other tasks, as it pertains to language skills that may be needed, from time to time.
- Sales skills and a real talent for cold outreach.
- Research skills to build a proper pipeline
- A few years’ experience working in the field of telephone sales or as a fundraiser for a charity.
- Bilingual in English and French.
- A strong interest in sustainability is desirable
- Excellent oral and written skills, with relationship-building skills.
- Self-motivated and resilient, able to reach targets and handle indifference regularly without losing drive.
- Comfortable working as a member of a team as well as pursuing projects independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment proactively.
- Salary dependent on experience
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- 2 Volunteering Days
- Quarterly Team Building
- On-site Yoga and activities
- Company Pension contribution (3% of salary)
- Start Date – April 2020
Job description is not all-inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.