Operating in 20 countries (including 12 in Europe), TerraCycle is a world leader in the recycling of hard-to-recycle waste, such as pens, snack wrappers, food pouches, beauty product packaging, home care product packaging and even cigarette butts or marine plastics. We create collection and recycling solutions for anything that would otherwise be sent to incineration or landfill, the waste we collect is then transformed into new products such as benches or tables. For many of our solutions, we partner with some of the most recognizable brands and retailers in the world, including BIC, L’Oréal, P&G and Tesco amongst others to collect waste on a large scale.
Scope of the role
As part of a temporary replacement, The TerraCycle European Marketing Team based in Perivale, West London (currently working remotely) seeks to hire a resourceful and driven marketing professional (French speaking) to develop the content strategy and participate in the promotion of our B2B2C services across Europe. Overseeing the Content division, the Content Manager will manage one Social Media Executive and one Copywriter; and will report to the Head of Marketing. The division will also be liaising with the local Creative, Digital and Campaign divisions, as well as the Global Marketing teams to delivery copy and implement effective social media strategies. The responsibilities of the division are the following:
- Delivering templated and one-off copy for various marketing resources and channels (emailing, print and digital asset, website, social media…
- Ensuring the TerraCycle copy is clear and consistent across channels
- Populating and maintaining a European library of templated copy that can be extracted and used by other team members
- Coordinating the work and relationship with various translation agencies to get copy translated into our different European languages and vouch for its quality
- Maintaining a glossary of the ‘most-used’ terms and copy style to use internal and externally by agencies
- Overseeing our blogs and write articles to feed them
- Taking ownership of the planning, design, development and launch of social media publications and campaigns for all our European social media platforms
- Overseeing the management of social media calendars and the approvals process of all assets
- Daily monitoring and responding of online conversations signposting questions, sometimes complex and sensitive, where required
- Leading on proactive community management and outreach – monitoring hashtags and mentions and engaging with potential followers
- Working closely with the other marketing divisions and departments throughout the delivery of day to day social media activities
- Monitoring social media trends and new developments
- Developing social media reports and adjusting strategy based on results and KPIs
- Implementing visibility partnership with other companies/charities/influenceurs on for Social Media purposes
- Fluent in English and native proficiency in French
- Degree in Marketing and/or Communications would be an advantage
- 3 to 5-years’ experience working in a Content and/or Social Media team
- Proven experience within a similar role (management included)
- Great project management skills with high ability to multitask and prioritise tasks
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Desirable knowledge in Hootsuite and Wrike
- Ability to manage invoices and update budgets
- Organised with an excellent level of attention to detail and a good eye for design
- Interest in sustainability (desirable)
- Salary depending on experience
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- 2 Volunteering Days
- Quarterly Team Building
- Online Yoga and activities
- Company Pension contribution (3% of salary)
- Start Date –February / March 2021
Please send a cover letter stipulating your salary expectation.
The job description is not all-inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
We can only accept applications from candidates who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK.