TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 20 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to find solutions for a large variety of waste streams, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and used pens, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. We are partnered with some of the most recognizable brands and retailers in the world, including BIC, L’Oréal, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble and JDE, amongst others. TerraCycle Europe has also partnered with SUEZ, one of the largest resource management companies in the world, to develop joint innovative and differentiating recycling solutions. TerraCycle has operations in 12 countries across Europe, with the UK and France as its largest markets.
More recently TerraCycle launched Loop, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging.
TerraCycle’s recycling activities in Europe are quickly expanding and the company is going through a rapid phase of growth. In that context, we are looking to hire an experienced Head of Brand Partnerships who will be in charge of leading our Account Management team, setting the strategy, KPIs and developing relationships for our growing portfolio of clients (160+).
This person will be responsible for maintaining and growing our recycling programmes and work closely with the team and some of our key accounts to drive growth and recycling revenue with our existing clients.
This role will report into the General Manager of TerraCycle Europe and will also require close collaboration with the global leadership team of TerraCycle Inc. based in New Jersey, US (including the SVP of Account Management, the Global Head of Marketing etc.)
- Develop Account Management strategy:
- Set vision for Account Management as a strategic partner to our brands
- Build custom roadmap for each account and strategy on how to grow them
- Re-evaluate current offerings for relevancy and update as needed
- Identify strategic accounts for focus, and streamline offerings for basic / essential programs
- Develop relationship with key accounts at the highest level and assist in TerraCycle’s Top-to-top strategy.
- Build Account Management Team capabilities
- Work with the team to analyse brand values and mission, recent marketing campaigns and causes, competitor activity, etc. to craft a relevant TC & sustainability platform and strategy for each brand
- Transform team capabilities from project managers into strategic partners for our brands.
- Develop an upsell strategy and KPIs and train the team to grow their accounts’ spend.
- Direct line management of several Senior Account Managers, Head of AM Operations and oversight of a growing team (20+ team members)
- Work strategically with partner functions, including Business Development, Marketing, PR, Finance and Operations to grow Account Management function and capability for the company
- Review and optimize current processes and client offerings
- Innovate new capabilities or offerings
- Work alongside Global Business Leaders to develop or modify ways of working, ensure global coherence and share ideas to streamline business operation across TerraCycle globally.
- Provide project and business reports as required by the General Manager and Global leaders.
- This role is part of the European Senior Leadership and reports directly to the General Manager. The post holder will also deliver projects as requested by the SVP of Account Management, the CEO and other senior stakeholders, as required.
- 10+ years’ experience in agency, CPG, or retail
- 5+ years’ experience in senior management positions
- Perfect English communication is essential. Other European languages (French, Spanish) desirable.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and employees
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem-solving, execution, and prioritization skills
- Strong listening and cross-functional collaboration skills, across all levels
- Proven ability to grow accounts and build relationships, and execute complex projects and negotiations
- Timeline-driven with a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven record of managing large, diverse teams
- Inspirational public speaking skills with knowledge of the sustainability sector a plus.
- Comfort and experience working in an entrepreneurial environment where innovation is a key to success;
- Demonstrated strengths in communication, leadership, and innovation
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and related tools.
- Higher Education degree in a relevant field desired.
- Salary dependent on experience
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- 2 Volunteering Days
- Employee Discount
- Enhanced Parental leave
- Quarterly Team Building
- On-site Yoga and activities
- Company Pension contribution
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We can only accept applications from candidates who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
TerraCycle is committed to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion.