Seeking to tackle one of the biggest environmental issues of our time? Passionate about communications? Believe that business can act as a change for good? Looking for a meaningful job? Looking to join a like-minded team of passionate people? Then this position is made for you!
TerraCycle seeks to hire a creative, resourceful and driven PR professional who likes challenges and can manage multiple projects simultaneously. The Public Relations Manager will report to the Head of Communications and will work directly with numerous TerraCycle teams, brand partners and consumers. The position is based in Perivale, West London.
TerraCycle Overview –
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®. Operating in 21 countries (including 12 in Europe), TerraCycle is an innovative recycling company that has become a global leader in recycling typically hard-to-recycle waste from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics. TerraCycle partners with the world’s largest consumer brands and retailers (including BIC, L’Oréal, P&G, JDE, Carrefour, Tesco,…) to create new collection and recycling schemes for anything that would otherwise be sent to incineration or landfill. TerraCycle also works with large waste management companies, governments and consumers to develop joint innovative solutions.
Job Overview –
The Public Relations Manager will be responsible for leading and supporting TerraCycle Europe’s small team of PR professionals. This involves developing and ensuring the execution of high-quality strategic media relations campaigns to promote the TerraCycle story, both free and paid for recycling solutions and the sponsoring brand partners, lines of business and company specific initiatives.
The focus is mainly for the UK and France (our biggest two European markets) but will also support the broader communications strategy across Europe.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
- Manage and develop the small team of PR Executives
- Ensure the PR team operate an effective reactive and proactive press office
- Development and implementation of a robust PR strategy and engaging media relations campaigns which help to drive awareness of the TerraCycle / various recycling programme stories to the target audience(s)
- Maintaining strong relations with the media relations departments of various brands and customers of TerraCycle
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting brand partners and lines of business and offers appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategies to maximize the trend to the company’s benefit.
- Develop high-quality, informative and interesting press releases, media pitches and related materials.
- Analyzes media coverage and develops responses when needed.
- Consistently brainstorms and/or collaborates with the team for new ideas and strategies to promote initiatives.
- As and when required:
- o Act as a spokesperson to the press
- o Write awards entries, blog posts, company newsletters and communications etc
- o Work with other TerraCycle teams to help develop messaging / draft copy for the customer support and marcoms etc functions
- 4 + year’s Public relations experience (particularly with French media but English media also beneficial)
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with national media, key trade and local outlets
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Experience with technologies and best practices for campaigns across multiple platforms
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Fluent in both French as a 1st language and English with excellent communication skills
- Experience managing multiple priorities / accounts / brands
- Experience of managing a small team
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to speak another European language would be beneficial but not essential
- A demonstrated interest in sustainability/green business/circular economy would be beneficial
- A degree in an appropriate field (PR, journalism, marketing, business, management…) or equivalent work experience is desired
- Salary in line with experience.
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- 2 Volunteering Days
- Quarterly Team Building
- On-site Yoga and activities
- Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
- Casual and friendly upcycled work environment
Expected start date –
Please send a short cover letter (a couple of paragraphs) and resume when applying. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Job description is not all inclusive.
TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.