Business Development Associate Zero Waste Box
TerraCycle Europe is Looking for a meaningful job? Dreaming about integrating a team of passionate people? Seeking to tackle one of the biggest environmental issues of our time? This position is made for you!
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®. Operating in 21 countries (including 12 in Europe), TerraCycle is an innovative recycling company that has become a global leader in recycling typically hard-to-recycle waste from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts. TerraCycle partners with the world’s largest consumer brands and retailers (including BIC, L’Oréal, P&G, Mars, JDE, Carrefour…) to create new collection and recycling schemes for anything that would otherwise be sent to incineration or landfill. TerraCycle also works with large waste management companies, governments and consumers to develop joint innovative solutions.
More information: www.terracycle.eu
The company seeks to hire a resourceful, driven, and organised Associate to support the Business Development team and contribute to the growth of TerraCycle in Europe.
The position is based in Perivale, West London and reports directly to the European Head of Business Development.
The Business Development Associate Zero Waste Box will join a team of 10 Business Development Managers and Associates, working closely with all team members.
This position is focusing on selling Zero Waste Box services on the Business to Business channel.
The successful applicant will be approachable, organised, with excellent communication skills and the ability to organise their own workload in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be rigorous with a keen eye for detail.
• Responding to customers’ enquiries and driving direct sales (Zero Waste Boxes, Freight)
• Raising sales quotes and liaising with Finance for customers’ accounts creation (New Customer Forms)
• Develop Zero Waste Box European market expansion focusing on the BTB channel
o Identify industries and verticals
o Build and execute the outreach strategy
o Identifying and contacting prospective clients
• Create and pitch deal presentations and proposals
• Drive the sales process and negotiations up until signature of contract
• Close new partnerships and drive revenue on the European Market
• Coordinate and collaborate with other departments (Marketing, Account Management) to develop strategic projects, case studies or improve internal processes
• Represent and promote TerraCycle during external events and workshops
• Other duties as needed
• Fluent in French and English
• A degree in an appropriate field (sales, administration) or equivalent work experience is desired
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment with changing priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly PowerPoint)
• A problem solver capable of thinking outside the box
• Solid team player who can collaborate cross-functionally
• Ability to speak another European language would be beneficial but not essential
• Salary commensurate with experience
• 25 Paid Holiday Days
• 2 Volunteering Days
• Quarterly Team Building
• On-site team activities
• Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
• Income protection
• Employee Assistance programme
• Employee discounts
Expected start date: February 2023
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.