TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Operating in over 21 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally and has been highlighted in some of the world's most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others.
In May 2019, TerraCycle launched its newest initiative, Loop, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging, washed by Loop and refilled by the brands. Loop has engaged many of the world's largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and Mondelez) and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop is currently available in the mid-Atlantic and Northeastern U.S, and the greater Paris region in France, with plans to expand into several new markets including Canada, Japan, the UK and Germany in 2021.
The Head Of Web Development is a key leader at Terracycle, reporting to the EVP of Commercial and to the CIO.
Required is a passion for technology, coupled with a strong business acumen to know how software should be built with a focus on innovation and building products that make a difference.
Define and deliver the technology, provide product leadership and continuous improvement
- Define the strategy for the technology area and lead the successful implementation across multiple teams and vendors
- Advise senior management, ‘Clients of IT’ on technology, platforms and best practices
- Thought leadership in technology direction that is measured not just in the communication of ideas but in practical creation of technology
- Support a culture of innovation through promoting new ideas
- Foster a culture of can-do attitude.
Develop and enable awesome engineering team and product delivery teams
- Provide the leadership to build and scale teams and grow the next level of leaders in the organisation
- Recognize that it’s of primary importance is that our engineers are enabled to build great technology! This means understanding what is needed and providing the leadership to make sure it is in place.
- Manage the performance of the team, develop high performance and take action needed for low performance
- Build the team, understand what skills are needed and develop and hire people to achieve this through focusing on attracting and retaining the talent needed
Leadership of delivery
- Ensure the technology delivered meets the required standards/frameworks and it fit for purpose
- Actively promote technology that provides delivery agility through clearly decoupled architectures and full automation to production
- Lead on great engineering and process - be clear on what good looks like and provide the challenge and support to teams to get there!
- Provide technical decision making where required and help remove key blockers for teams
- Maintain a delivery focus across the teams and ensuring business goals clear
- Specialization in one or more engineering principles (Web Development, Service Development or Mobile Development)
- Experience in leading a team/teams of developers to produce software
- Experience in agile software development methodologies, such as SCRUM
- Experience in People Leadership and personal development
- Experience in CI/CD and an understanding of tools and technology approach
- Understanding of secure coding and cloud platform security
- Understanding of design and architecture patterns and development principles
- Experience in E-Comm businesses
- Experience in Retail
- Experience in leading technology operations like DevOps
- Consulting experience in digital strategy, user Experience and/or interaction design
- R&D and technology innovation
- An good understanding of PaaS based architectures, ideally AWS, full automation of builds and deployment
Your Personal Attributes
- Comfortable with high levels of autonomy and empowerment
- Focussed completely on solutions rather than problems.
- Awesome communicator and problem solver
- Keen attention to detail
- Collaborator and team-builder
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Diplomatic, emotionally intelligent, listens and is open to other points of view
- Competitive salary
- Modern and cozy, eco-conscious office in a central location
- Conference support, In-house training, Training contribution
- Great team spirit & supportive environment
- Beverages, Coffee & Fruit-day
Job description is not all-inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All applicants must already have the eligibility to work in Hungary.
TerraCycle is committed to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion.