Job Title –– UK
Position Type – Full Time
Job Location – Loop London- London UK
Reports to - Global Director of QA, with dotted line reporting to Head of Loop Operations, Europe
TerraCycle Overview –
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 20 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. We are partnered with some of the most recognizable brands and retailers in the world, including BIC, L’Oréal, Pepsico Procter & Gamble and JDE, amongst others. TerraCycle Europe has also partnered with SUEZ, one of the largest resource management companies in the world, to develop joint innovative and differentiating recycling solutions.
Job Overview –
Quality Assurance Manager, under the guidance of Global Director of QA, will lead the quality, product safety, and regulatory compliance of Loop, sustainability venture by LOOP in Europe. Responsibilities include but are not limited to developing quality systems, cGMPs and food safety protocols, testing of packaging and products, validation of process controls and standards, external vendor quality audits, batch record review and release, and training of employees for execution of these standards and procedures.
Major Tasks -
- Support Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and food safety practices at Co-packers, Contract Cleaning, and Warehousing facilities. Assist with development and continuous improvement of quality system.
- Manage required documentation including but not limited to Specifications, Certificates of Analysis, quality agreements, Safety and Quality Testing Results
- Investigate and manage non-conformances at Contract Cleaning, Co-packing, Warehousing.
- Serve as liaison between Loop’s brand partners and sub-contractors including cleaning and warehousing partners for establishing quality standards.
Primary Responsibilities –
- Apply quality control standards for new products and packaging in Europe
- Supervise audits of vendors, operators and contractors
- Maintain quality documentation (HACCP, GMP, SOPs, etc.)
- Manage assigned projects and maintain tracking information
- Communicate project updates and requirements to critical staff and accounts
- Act as the company expert on EU Food regulations including licensing and registrations
- Keeps other managers abreast of new regulations, concepts, and quality standards.
- Work closely with operations on specific quality and food safety related activities.
- Perform additional related tasks at the direction of Senior Management
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Scientific discipline, Quality Systems Management or a relative field.
- 2-3 years of experience managing quality in a food, manufacturing or related field.
- Experience with EU Food Regulations, Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), HACCP and FSSC 22000 desired.
- 1-2 years of experience in supplier auditing desired.
- Fluent in French and English
- Experience implementing Quality Control systems throughout a manufacturing line and supply chain
- Proven ability to assess and order priorities, juggle multiple tasks, and project manage
- An enthusiastic attitude towards sustainability and quality
- Experience with microbial product testing is a plus
- Cleaning validation experience is a plus
- Familiarity with packaging regulations and labelling regulations for consumer goods is a plus
- Salary depending on experience
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- 2 Volunteer Days
- Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
Start date – ASAP
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.