Company Overview -
TerraCycle is an international leader in innovative sustainability solutions, creating and operating first-of-their-kind platforms in recycling, recycled materials, and reuse.
Operating in 20 countries, including 12 in Europe, TerraCycle works with manufacturers, retailers and end users to implement turnkey recycling programs through a range of public-facing services for hundreds of everyday waste streams that other waste management companies are unable to recycle.
In 2019, TerraCycle introduced Loop - a platform that allows brands, retailers and consumers to move from a disposable to durable supply chain, enabling consumers to responsibly shop for a wide variety of commonly used products in reusable packaging. Since its debut, Loop has developed into the leading global reuse platform and is available in France, the United States and Japan.
TerraCycle and Loop have received hundreds of awards and recognitions and have been highlighted in some of the world's most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com, New York Times, Forbes, Time, and thousands of others.
We are looking for a dynamic, resourceful, highly organized, and team-focused Compliance & Sustainability Manager to support our Global Operations team.
- Take responsibility for a pipeline of global projects related to Impact, Responsible Business and Sustainability.
- You will have input into the shape and design of each project brief and you will be responsible for keeping programs on track, extensive internal and external stakeholder management and delivery of outcomes as and when they are assigned to you.
- Assume a key co-ordinating role in TerraCycle Impact Committee, which directs Impact working groups.
- Investigate, recommend and work with the Head of Compliance to implement key sustainability and responsible business standards and accreditations for TerraCycle.
- Remain vigilant to responsible business trends such as ‘Carbon Positive’ and Net Zero, and support strategy development that is aligned with customer commitments to demonstrate TerraCycle’s commitment to their supply chain goals and corporate aspirations.
- Support development of annual reporting on TerraCycle responsible business, sustainability and compliance objectives, which communicate progress to our objectives and targets in these areas.
- Support development of a responsible business and compliance playbook for the purposes of business continuity and knowledge dissemination.
- Support delivery of training and development activities to TerraCycle employees globally in the areas of compliance and responsible business.
- Support sales teams in evaluating new waste streams for regulatory compliance and develop solutions to help drive sales.
- Develop management systems and support process developments related to Regulatory Compliance and Responsible Business.
- Evaluate third party vendors and suppliers to ensure they meet TerraCycle’s vendor standards.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant regulations at each step-in supply chain: transportation, handling, storage and recycling.
- Other ad hoc duties as required by the business.
- BS or MS in a scientific or engineering field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in an compliance and operations or engineering functions with increasing leadership responsibility
- Experience in multi-national regulatory jurisdictions, including the UK and countries within the European Union a plus.
- Possess a detailed understanding of global and environmental legal requirements (i.e.: regulations, codes, standards, directives, and administrative policies)
- Work well with limited supervision while being responsible for compliance assurance, risk mitigation, and environmental management
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple and technically complex assignments concurrently
- Experience leading and motivating cross-functional teams in a fast-paced and diverse environment
- A mission driven organisation with a strong team culture where successes are celebrated together
- Competitive salary
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- Company Pension contribution
- Sick pay
- Quarterly Team Building
- Cycle 2 Work
- Employee Recognition Programs
- 2 Paid Volunteering Days to give back to your local community
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Employee Discount
- Employee Development opportunities
- Summer/Flex Fridays - early Friday finish
- Hybrid working - opportunity to work from home up to 2 days per week
- Work from anywhere for 1 month in a year
- Office Exchange Programme across our regional and global Offices
If you have any requests for reasonable adjustments during the application process or the interview stage please do let us know by calling our Talent Acquisition Manager on 07717274236.
Job description is not all-inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All candidates must already have the eligibility to work in the UK.
TerraCycle is committed to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion.