Company Overview -
TerraCycle is an international leader in innovative sustainability solutions, creating and operating first-of-their-kind platforms in recycling, recycled materials, and reuse.
Operating in 20 countries, including 12 in Europe, TerraCycle works with manufacturers, retailers and end users to implement turnkey recycling programs through a range of public-facing services for hundreds of everyday waste streams that other waste management companies are unable to recycle.
In 2019, TerraCycle introduced Loop - a platform that allows brands, retailers and consumers to move from a disposable to durable supply chain, enabling consumers to responsibly shop for a wide variety of commonly used products in reusable packaging. Since its debut, Loop has developed into the leading global reuse platform and is available in France, the United States and Japan.
TerraCycle and Loop have received hundreds of awards and recognitions and have been highlighted in some of the world's most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com, New York Times, Forbes, Time, and thousands of others.
TerraCycle and Loop seeks to hire a creative, resourceful and driven PR Manager who likes challenges and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The Public Relations Manager will report to the Head of Communications and will work predominantly on the French side of TerraCycle & Loop’s business, directly with numerous TerraCycle and Loop Europe teams, brand partners and consumers. The position is based in West London and will also work closely with and help manage PR Associates.
- Support the definition and implementation of PR campaigns mainly for TerraCycle France and Loop France but also to support with Loop UK as and when needed
- Oversee the operation of a reactive and pro-active press office for TerraCycle France and Loop France, support the launch of new products & new brands on Loop
- Work closely with / help manage, coach and grow the PR skills and capabilities of young PR Executive’s in the team.
- Monitor the French media to identify suitable opportunities for TerraCycle and Loop
- Drafting and distributing press releases and pitches
- Maintaining relations with the Communications departments of various brands partners for both TerraCycle and Loop
- Developing in-depth reports of media success for partners and internal use
- As and when required:
- Act as a spokesperson to the press
- Write awards entries, blog posts, company newsletters and communications etc.
- Attend events on behalf of both TerraCycle and Loop and support with the logistics when required
- 4+ years’ experience working in Public Relations in a similar role
- Native French Speaker (or equivalent) with excellent communication and writing skills in
- French & English (German or Spanish would also be a plus)
- Good knowledge of the French media and sustainability sector (ideally the recycling sector)
- (but English media knowledge also beneficial)
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Good knowledge of the French media and sustainability sector
- Passionate about sustainability, media and innovation
- Ability to work within a team, in an international working environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with different functions
- Ability to problem solve and multitask in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities
- Proactive and solution focused
- A degree in an appropriate field (PR, journalism, marketing, business, management…)
- Salary depending on experience
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- 2 Volunteering Days
- Online Yoga and wellbeing activities
- Company Pension contribution
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Development opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Work from anywhere for 1 month
- Quarterly team engagement
Job description is not all-inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. This role is open to sponsorship for the right candidate.
TerraCycle is committed to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion.