Do you want to turn your sales experience into creating positive change? We are looking for someone who wants to make work that matters by joining the sustainability sector, who loves a challenge and who can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
In this role you will get the chance to work on a wide variety of deals, so no two days at TerraCycle will be the same!
What is TerraCycle?
We are TerraCycle® and we are Eliminating the Idea of Waste®.
Operating in 21 countries (12 in Europe), TerraCycle is a world leader in recycling hard-to-recycle waste, such as pens, snack wrappers, food pouches, beauty product packaging - even cigarette butts and marine plastics!
We create solutions for waste streams that would otherwise go for incineration or landfill, then transform the collected packaging into new products like outdoor furniture, playgrounds and park benches.
To achieve this, we partner with some of the biggest household brands and retailers in the world, including BIC, P&G, Tesco and Carrefour.
Want to know more about TerraCycle? Visit: www.terracycle.com/en-GB/about-terracycle
A day in the life of a Retail Sales Manager at TerraCycle
In a nutshell, you will be responsible for developing and selling TerraCycle recycling programmes to Retailers.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will also include:
● Developing the Retail European pipeline.
● Creating custom creative retail programme proposals that drive Return On Investment (ROI) for TerraCycle and retailer/brand partners.
● Pitching and selling programmes to retailers and brands.
● Ensuring the right implementation of sold services.
You must have:
● Minimum 3/4 years of experience in Sales/Merchandising/Shopper Marketing in the CPG/Retail Industry.
● In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint & Excel.
Our ideal candidate should be:
Someone who has outstanding communication and presentation skills and will positively influence brands and retailers' organisations to shift towards sustainability. Other attributes we're looking for include:
● Sales skills - Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities.
● A solid understanding of how to thrive in a results-driven environment.
● Problem-solving, strategic thinking skills.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing priorities.
● Interpersonal and partnership building skills.
● A demonstrated interest in sustainability.
Extra benefits of working at TerraCycle
Salary depending on experience
25 Paid Holiday Days
2 Volunteering Days
Online Yoga and wellbeing activities
Company Pension contribution
Enhanced Parental Leave
Quarterly team engagement
Hybrid working - opportunity to work from home up to 2 days per week
Work anywhere for 1 month
Office exchange programme
Job description is not all-inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All candidates must already have the eligibility to work in the UK.