TerraCycle Overview –
Operating in 21 countries (including 12 in Europe), TerraCycle is a world leader in the recycling of hard-to-recycle waste, such as pens, snack wrappers, food pouches, beauty product packaging, home care product packaging and even cigarette butts or marine plastics. We create collection and recycling solutions for anything that would otherwise be sent to incineration or landfill, the waste we collect is then transformed into new products such as benches or tables. For many of our solutions, we partner with some of the most recognizable brands and retailers in the world, including BIC, L’Oréal, P&G and Tesco amongst others to collect waste on a large scale.
Job Overview –
The company seeks to hire a resourceful, driven, and organised team administrator to support the Business Development team and contribute to the growth of TerraCycle in Europe. The Business Development Administrator will join a team of 10 Business Development Managers and Associates, working closely with all team members to provide administrative and sales support.
The position is based in Perivale, West London and will report to the European Head of Business Development.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills and will be able to juggle between different projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Primary Responsibilities –
- Sales Operations
- Responding to inbound enquiries and driving direct sales (Zero Waste Boxes, Freight)
- Raising sales quotes and liaising with Finance for customers’ accounts creation
- Liaising with the Zero Waste Box Department and the Account Management team to ensure a smooth transition from signed sales quotes to order fulfilment
- Supporting the Head of Business Development Europe with:
- Identifying and contacting prospective clients
- Preparing presentations and proposals
- Implementing new and more efficient processes for the European Business Development team
- Reporting to the Head of Business Development Europe on sales results and trends
2. Sales Resources
- Adapting global sales resources to the European context (presentations, proposals, etc.)
- Creating case studies showcasing successful programmes and partnerships
- Working with the Global teams and other European departments (Marketing, Account Management) to create new tools and case studies
- Managing the internal Business Development folder
- Working with other departments to collate monthly business intelligence, recycling, FMCG industry & zero waste initiatives updates
- Finding creative and engaging ways of sharing learnings with the Business Development team
3. General Sales Support
- Supporting the Business Development team with general administration tasks
- Other duties as needed
- Fluent in English and another European language (i.e. French, German) preferred
- A degree in a related field (sales, administration) or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to multitask
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment with changing priorities
- A creative problem solver capable of thinking outside the box
- A sense of resourcefulness, ability to adapt, and positive attitude
- Solid team player who can collaborate cross-functionally and across cultures
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business would be beneficial
- Salary depending on experience
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- 2 Volunteering Days
- Quarterly Team Building
- On site Yoga and activities
- Company Pension contribution (3% of salary)
Start Date – April/May 2020
Please send a short cover letter (a couple of paragraphs) and resume when applying. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.