TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Operating in over 21 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally and has been highlighted in some of the world's most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others.
In May 2019, TerraCycle launched its newest initiative, Loop, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging, washed by Loop and refilled by the brands. Loop has engaged many of the world's largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and Mondelez) and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop is currently available in the mid-Atlantic and Northeastern U.S, and the greater Paris region in France, with plans to expand into several new markets including Canada, Japan, the UK and Germany in 2021.
The TerraCycle European Marketing department based in Perivale, West London seeks to hire a resourceful and driven communication professional (French speaker) to research, create, proofread and translate engaging content, especially across UK and France, but also in a few other countries in Europe. The Copywriter, Content Editor & Translator Coordinator will report to the Head of Marketing & Communication and will be liaising with the local Creative team as well as the local Marketing team (Digital, Social Media and Campaign divisions), and the Global Marketing teams to deliver copy and approve external messaging.
- Provide first-class copy in French (priority number 1) and English on a wide variety of projects, including but not limited to email campaigns, websites, social media, blogs, guides, brochures and Question & Answer documents
- Translate from English to French copy that has been approved
- Writing in another language (Spanish or German) is a plus.
- Understand briefs and objectives to produce B2C and B2B marketing copy
- Update copy based on team members’ and brand’s feedbacks
- Coordinate translations with translation tools and agencies for languages we don’t have in-house, and with other team members who have the relevant language skills to deliver the translations to the Marketing Campaign Division in a timely manner
- Manage, store and update copy templates to ensure the copy that is frequently used is easily accessible, up to date and consistent across countries and channels
- Build and update the Content Guidelines to ensure consistency and quality across all written content
- Maintain a glossary of the ‘most-used’ terms and copy style to use internal and externally by agencies
- Oversee our blogs and write articles to feed them
- Make recommendations and improvements to existing copy
- Work to tight deadlines on multiple projects at a time
- Work together with the creative team, Zero Waste Boxes team and PR team to bring to live strong digital campaigns that will help drive business sales.
- Review and approve on-pack communications & multichannel partnership claims from brands, making sure the use of our trademark is correct
- Make recommendation of changes when logo is misused and when programme mechanics are wrongly explained
- Search online if TerraCycle’s trademark is used wrongly and provide recommendation and best practices by also doing social listening
- Build branding guidelines and case studies for partners and non-partners to follow
- Ensure the TerraCycle copy is clear and consistent across channels
- Fluent in English and native proficiency in French
- Proficient in Spanish or German is a plus
- Degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism would be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working within a similar role
- High ability to multitask and prioritise tasks
- Able to work with tight deadlines
- Organised with an excellent level of attention to detail and a good eye for design
- Very good level in grammar and syntax both in French and English
- Knowledge of SEO content writing
- Interest in sustainability (desirable)
- Knowledge in Wrike is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Modern and cozy, eco-conscious office in a central location
- Conference support, In-house training, Training contribution
- Great team spirit & supportive environment
- Beverages, Coffee & Fruit-day
Job description is not all-inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All applicants must already have the eligibility to work in Hungary.
TerraCycle is committed to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion.