- Loop Overview -
Loop Global Holdings, LLC (LGH) was established in 2019 and is managed by TerraCycle, Inc (the majority owner in Loop). Loop is a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable containers (packaging), washed by Loop and refilled by the brand owners. Loop has engaged many of the world's largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, Mondēlez, and others) and many of the world’s largest retailers (including Tesco, Carrefour, Kroger, Aeon, McDonald’s, and others) in the Loop platform. Loop is currently available in the US, UK, and France. In 2021, Loop will expand to Canada, Japan, and Australia.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 20 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally and has been highlighted in some of the world’s most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others.
- Job Overview –
We are looking for a Head of Operations and Supply Chain for Loop Europe with 10 + years’ experience in operational supply chain. This leader is responsible for managing an emerging network of external vendor partners who provide the operational execution, on behalf of Loop, for our retailer and brand customers. The Head of Ops will lead a team that coordinates the operational model consisting a multi-step process 1) Container returns (post use). 2) Checking in and sorting (including the returning of the container deposit to the consumer). 3) Cleaning (suitable for reuse) 4) Preparing the containers for return to the brands for refilling / reuse. An important part of this role is the ability to partner cross functionally with Quality, R&D, and the commercial team to drive success.
- Primary Responsibilities - :
- Oversee all of Loop’s operations in Europe. These operations are executed through a supplier network of expert partners that manage the collection, check-in, cleaning, and returning of durable containers (packaging) for reuse.
- Lead Loop’s operational supply chain team. To include developing, motivating, and mentoring the existing team as well as hiring additional team members as Loop grows. This position will be responsible for designing an organization that can effectively operate across multiple countries within Europe.
- Execute formal supplier management programs with key Loop current (and future) vendors to execute on Loop’s services for CPGs and Retailers. This will include forma KPIs and delivering on year-over-year performance improvement and cost reductions.
- Prepare, manage and communicate the operational strategy for Europe in support of the overarching company strategy.
- Partner with Loop’s corporate team to develop and improve Loop’s supply chain model(s) for our brand and retailer customers.
- Take learnings from pilot launches to execute at scale within 12-24 months of initial commercialization.
- Effectively lead the team to manage multiple launches across multiple countries in parallel.
- Partner with Loop’s Business Development and Account & Retail Management teams to manage the day-to-day customer needs while executing expediential growth across multiple countries.
- Develop, execute, and accountable to the P&L budget for Loop Europe.
- Requirements/Skills - :
- 10+ years of operational and supply chain management experience. The ideal candidate will have been a supplier to (or worked for) a CPG (Consumer Packaged Good) company(s) or a retailer. Working in the packaging industry is an added bonus.
- Proven 7+ years of experience in senior Leadership position
- Worked for a company with the headquarters and senior management based in the United States.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and employees
- Demonstrated success in running operations in multiple European countries.
- Experienced in leading operational execution through a supplier network (v direct manufacturing). Ideal candidate will have worked with 3PLs to execute.
- Negotiation and management of complex supply agreements (contracts) with vendor partner
- Setting SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for your team and vendor network.
- Led, managed, mentored, and trained a diverse team to create a high-performance organization.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and sustained year-over-year cost reductions.
- Confident with P&L management, results analysis, and monthly reporting. Ideal candidate will also have experience with SAP ERP system and VAT (Value-Added Tax).
- Proven project management skills and demonstrated success in launching and commercializing new products / ventures.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization (shop floor to executive suite).
- Timeline-driven with a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and lean organization during the early stages of an emerging business. Ideal candidate is capable of balancing delivering results through others and contributing as an individual.
- Highly capable in complex problem solving and innovative creative thinking to deliver results.
- Fluent in multiple languages. The ideal candidate will be fluent (written and verbal) in English, French, and German.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Compensation -:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 25 days holidays
Start date – Immediately Available
Job description is not all inclusive. Loop reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive