TerraCycle Overview –
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the Idea of Waste®.
Operating in over 20 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. By partnering with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally and has been highlighted in some of the world’s most recognized media outlets, including Fortune 2019 Top 10 Game Changes, Time Magazine 2019 Top 10 Innovators.
In May 2019, TerraCycle launched its newest initiative, Loop, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging, washed by Loop and refilled by the brands. Loop has engaged many of the world's largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and Mondēlez) and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop is currently available in the mid-Atlantic and Northeastern U.S and Paris and Lille France, with plans to expand into several new markets including Canada, Japan, the UK and Germany in 2020.
Job Overview –
The Account Manager will manage a portfolio of accounts across Europe from small companies to large FMGC. Their primary responsibility will be to manage the overall relationship with the client, the day to day management of our partnerships as well as overseeing the launch, growth and ensuring the renewal and expansion of existing programmes and collaborations.
Primary Responsibilities –
- Serving as the primary contact for a portfolio of brand partners (from small companies to FMCGs).
- Managing external client relationships to ensure renewal and growth
- Identifying and developing opportunities to drive business value for clients
- Ensuring all client inquiries are responded to in a timely fashion
- Maintaining and building strong relationships with key client stakeholders
- Identifying & resolving client concerns
- Coordinate with internal teams to develop plans for and regularly review programme performance
- Creating client-ready documents, including monthly reports (in both Excel and Powerpoint) and custom presentations
- Provide clients with programme & budget updates and proposals according to their internal budgeting and planning process
- Managing programme operational flow, pricing files, presentations, and contracts
- Coordinating internal processes, including monthly invoicing and annual renewal pricing & projection process in conjunction with Operations team
- Providing project management support for product orders, design projects, and brand activations as needed
- Fluent in both French and English with exceptional verbal & written communication skill
- 1-2 years’ experience in client management for an FMCG company.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, client-facing and presentation skills
- Number literacy and ability to analyse complex data
- Ability to think strategically and to prioritise among competing tasks
- Great organisational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment and juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities
- An understanding of the operations of waste management would be a great fit
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business would be advantageous
- A degree in an appropriate field (business, management,) or equivalent work experience
- Ability to speak another European language is a bonus
- Salary depending on experience
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- 2 Volunteering Days
- Online Yoga and activities
- Company Pension contribution (3% of salary)
- The position is based in Perivale, West London.
The job description is not all-inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.